As per my previous posts, I use MyNetFone as my SIP provider and I run a Raspberry Pi with RasPBX (which is FreePBX for the Raspberry Pi ready to install/tweak and configure).
Below is a quick run down on how you can configure your SIP Trunk for MyNetFone on this device, which is working for me currently.
Trunk Name: mynetfone
Outbound CallerID: [configure based on your 09nnnn number or your DID if you have one]
Trunk Name: mynetfone-sip-out
Peer Details: (as below)
Last week, on a Friday night of all things. Decided I would give RasPBX another go. After spending a bit of time on it had managed to configure my DID, my extension and setup inbound routes.
I configured enough to be able to leave it running until I can configure the other features I was using on my more manual setup. Which includes time based rules and IVR. Will get to those items in the next few days.
Will do another post shortly that shows how I got my SIP provider (MyNetFone) setup via the Trunks.
I’ve had my Raspberry Pi and Asterisk setup running now for nearly 2 months. It hasn’t failed me once in this time.
If you remember back I ended up installing Raspbian and configuring Asterisk manually from command line. This setup suits me, as I want to learn about how it all works, not learn how to use one of the dedicated images that has a fancy web GUI (and learn how to use that). I might end up changing to that type of setup eventually, however what i have now works with all the features I need.
Will be sure to post back as time progresses with this setup.
Purchased a humble Linksys/Cisco IP phone SPA922 and installed it earlier in the week. However wasn’t able to use it until the power brick I ordered arrived. It came later in the week.
Been a long time since I installed asterisk, but I have fond memories that it was very awesome once you got it working. I struggled a little, but somethings were easy and others not so. Thanks to a friend who helped I managed to configure everything I needed and even got it to talk to my provider MyNetFone which I purchased a DID from to use from Sydney 02 region.
After tinkering Friday evening I got the inbound working and outbound working. My next step was to get IVR working on the inbound calls. I got this done on Saturday morning and evening.
Very happy with the setup so far, have subsequently copied over my configuration and voice files onto a Raspberry Pi where I have setup raspbian and installed asterisk. I choose to run it like this as I found the pabx based distro with the nice web interface confusing. What I have got works, and works well so far more me. Will continue to work/tweak it.
So far so good and very impressed.