I sat down last night with the parts and managed to change out all the parts that required.
The rear diff would have to be the most difficult part of the job, as I couldn’t remove some screws that holds the motor plate from below the car. I suspect if these need to be removed sometime, I will need to drill them and replace them.
I also noticed previously some of the c-clips that hold the pin for the front and rear carriers had dropped off. I ordered the only c-clips you could get and these are too big. I noticed during work last night that a larger c-clip sits on the drive shaft just behind the slipper clutch. So the ones I got would be for that.
Can’t see any spare for smaller c-clips that I require, so will need to do some more research.
Truck can run, we will just need to monitor that the pins don’t drop out.
This repair took me 3 hours, and I also noticed that the rear shock tower broke on lower section when we screwed bottom right screw back in, so this will need repair soon enough.
The ESC in my Turnigy 4×4 Mini Trooper seemed to break and as such I was requiring a replacement.
If you need to replace and/or upgrade the ESC in either of these Remote Controls you can use the one below as a direct replacement. However, it won’t come with any connectors for the motor or battery, so you will need to order those items too and get them soldered on. It’s also a good idea to buy some of the heat shrink tube too.
Dug out my LiPo 3S batteries on the weekend with the intent of charging them up for some use in the Traxxas E-Revo brushless. Unfortunately it appeared they had gone bad. As I revived one of them I found one of the cells had gone and the other I never bothered tinkering with.
I’ve since wrote them off as failed and purchased a new set. Now waiting for the new ones to arrive so I can have battery connectors soldered onto them.
I didn’t really post about this, but I gave my 4 year old son a 1/16 scale Turnigy Brushless 4WD Monster Beatle that completely adores. You can check it out over at HobbyKing via the direct link here.
He is allowed to use it when supervised and in a nice open area like a park, since running it on 2S LiPo means it moves pretty quickly. This could of been limited by the use of a more expensive controller, but I opted to get all the bits from the Australian Hobbyking Warehouse to limit postage costs.
Anyways, long and the short of the story is that it suffered it’s first failure. The steering servo looks as though it probably has stripped some gears, although I am not surprised as everyone mentioned this would probably happen. I think the main reason it did as he actually ran the thing into an object by accident.
Not to fear, some spare parts ordered on Sunday.
Still impressed with the Remote Control car itself, as its a lot of fun for the price.
Met up with some friends today and we all had a bit of fun with our remote control cars. As you can see from the photo below it was a bit hectic.
I’d recently got a hand band GoPro mount so decided to mount my GoPro Hero3 on my head so that it could just capture photos every 5 seconds constantly. It actually captured some good photos to be honest. Will be using it more in the future.
Unfortunately the Nitro Revo 2.5R I have suffered some issues several weeks back. I had it run away from me and then several weeks later I went to use it again and found it had issues starting.
I gave up in frustration and ordered an e-revo (after selling off my other 2 electric cars). Courier came early today to drop it off, but didn’t seem to knock or hang about. Now I have to head to the courier depot tomorrow morning to pick it up.
I got a blue model, should look great. Will get some new batteries for it, in the meantime will need to use the ones it comes with and my old LiPo’s.
For more information on the Traxxas E-Revo check out the following site link here.
EDIT: on the bright side, I now have a fair few spares from the old nitro that will work on the e-revo model.
Managed to make some time to get the Traxxas Revo 2.5R out today. Thanks to my wife, she managed to capture the following clips for me to upload. The car was very dirty at the end of it. I reckon a few weeks of this and then it will be time for a rebuild.