Finished off the PC build tonight, however hit a few snags. The Corsair H60 radiator is much larger then the Corsair H55 version and as such cannot be installed in a Corsair Spec 03 case on the rear. This impacts the PCIe video card slot. If I had got the Corsair H55 this wouldn’t be a issue, as I know it fits based on previous experience where I have one installed in another machine (tempted to honestly swap H60 out for a H55 in coming months).
For now as pictured below, the Corsair H60 is intalled in the top of the case. The only place it can fit in this case without impacting my video card.
So far I am very impressed with the system. It is able to encode a 1 hour 30mins video file into a Android 720p30 mp4 file with 2 pass enabled in about 23mins. The same test on other machines ranges from 1 hour to 2 hours depending computer used. So massive improvement.
Battlefield 1 also runs great. So I am very happy.
This machine I want to last me a good 5-6 years. The only things I want to replace will be items that die outside of warranty, which might typically be hard drives etc.
Upgrades include in the future for the machine..
- Additional 16GB memory kit
- Additional M2 SSD drive (500GB or 1TB model).
Will be sure to post more about this computer as things happen.
My New PC hardware arrived. I ordered this on Friday and paid for it yesterday.
I ended up deciding on the following items;
- Intel i7 7700k
- Asus Z270M-Plus (Prime z270) mainboard
- Corsair H60 Liquid CPU cooler
- Corsair CX600 Power Supply
- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000Mhz Vengeance LPX Dimm
- Asus Dual GTX1070 8GB Video card
I already have Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Samsung M2 250GB SSD, Optical Drive and 3.5″ Hard drive.
I opted to get the Intel i7700k for the faster base clock speed, but then got the faster memory and Z270 mainboard in case I wish to overclock it. As I know that it’s possible per Adam Fowler and his recent PC build.
Decided I would compile Tvheadend again and install it on a Ubuntu 16.04 host. Below is some of my notes that will help others with this installation and problems I hit along the way.
apt-get install unzip libcurl4-openssl-dev pkg-config git build-essential dvb-apps gettext libssl-dev cmake liburiparser-dev libavahi-client-dev
apt-get install hdhomerun-config
tar zxvf libiconv-1.15.tar.gz
I created a user called “tvh” which will be used for the running of the software, this way it doesn’t run as root. Plenty of guides about that detail how to create your user and associated correct group assignments to it. So I won’t cover these steps/operations.
Noticed when I executed the product post being compiled i was getting an error.
./tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
As you can see from the output below, it’s a library issue.
tvh@oscar:/usr/local/bin$ ldd tvheadend
linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fff1d1e6000)
libdvben50221.so => /usr/lib/libdvben50221.so (0x00007f3545385000)
libdvbapi.so => /usr/lib/libdvbapi.so (0x00007f3545180000)
libucsi.so => /usr/lib/libucsi.so (0x00007f3544f69000)
libssl.so.1.0.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 (0x00007f3544d00000)
libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (0x00007f35448bc000)
libz.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 (0x00007f35446a1000)
liburiparser.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liburiparser.so.1 (0x00007f3544486000)
libavahi-common.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavahi-common.so.3 (0x00007f354427a000)
libavahi-client.so.3 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavahi-client.so.3 (0x00007f3544068000)
libdbus-1.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x00007f3543e1c000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f3543c18000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f35439fa000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0x00007f35436f1000)
libiconv.so.2 => not found
librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007f35434e8000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007f3543166000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f3542d9d000)
libsystemd.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsystemd.so.0 (0x00007f3542d17000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007f3542b01000)
libselinux.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f35428de000)
liblzma.so.5 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblzma.so.5 (0x00007f35426bc000)
libgcrypt.so.20 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgcrypt.so.20 (0x00007f35423db000)
libpcre.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcre.so.3 (0x00007f354216a000)
libgpg-error.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgpg-error.so.0 (0x00007f3541f56000)
Perform the following steps to address it.
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2.6.0 libiconv.so.2.6.0
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2 libiconv.so.2
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so libiconv.so
It would appear that Tvheadend has had some improvements since the last time I compiled and installed it.
As shown below we now see a new logo for the product, and now get a wizard which helps with the setup.
Tvheadend is such a great application.