My TP-Link TD-W8960N arrived yesterday, and I cracked open the box. Configured it and installed it onto my ADSL service.
If you saw my last post, you will know I am having some ADSL sync issues, which suddenly came out of no where a week ago. Thought it might of been related to a recent tech visit and other problems, however it was also possible that the age old router I have might be responsible too.
So I got the TP-Link TD-W8960N to confirm if it too suffers the same issues. It’s now been plugged in for over 10 hours and stayed connected. My old router had dropped about 10+ times yesterday after lunch until the evening when swapped out.
Will continue to monitor this for another few days, but if this continues, I think it might be safe to say that my Billion 7800NL may be terminal, so I might crack it open and see if any caps have leaked that might explain the router being so unstable.
TP-Link TD-W8960N is not bad, I like the fact it has EWAN support, which means I will be able to use it as a spare/test unit for FTTH in the future. Assuming I find I need to replace it with something more powerful.
It’s menu layout and other options is nearly identical to the Billion 7800NL, which surprised me a little. I still can’t find where to change the routers hostname and domain suffix.