As per pictures, the unit was installed externally. In my case I installed it outside under my alfresco area. It’s about 4m away from my Spa, which is the device that I need to see the wireless network.
Some months back I purchased a 2nd small shed from Masters, on the account it was cheap at the time and would suit where I planned to use it.
I wasn’t going to put it on a concrete slab, but in the end decided it would be better to do so. Unfortunately no one would want to do the job as its consider to small of an area to get concrete delivered by truck etc.
So today after a little bit of preparation in the days prior. My father in-law and I decided we would do it. So I hired a mixer for the day, got the cement and material needed to mix in with it. After several hours work it was completed.
Below is the result.
Pretty impressed considering the cost involved. The mixer hire, cement bags and material was $100. So this just need a bit of work from 2 people to complete.
Noticed today that my smokeping metrics for my next hop out of my iiNet service took a turn for the worst. Prior to midnight started to get packet loss.
iiNet knew nothing of it, and turns out Opticomm was having backhaul issues (2nd time since Saturday) and believed to be related.
Funny enough things came good late tonight and I imagine that’s because Opticomm resolved condition.
Ironically enough and annoying thing is that while this occured the Opticomm status page for my postcode had no faults reported. That really ticks me off. Considering iiNet wasn’t telling customers anything about it.
Work performed this weekend on the House Landscaping was varied and progressive.
Used all day Saturday to complete some work and part of Sunday afternoon. I was able to 90% complete a common area between my neighbor and I. You can see the progress photo and semi completion photo below.
We also got the garden bed out the front near completion too. Some work was also done on the watering system too.
Purchased about 1.6 tonne of material which I moved over the 2 days.
Of course, work still continues.
Our progress on our House Landscaping continues. We made a start on the front lawn this weekend.
As you can see, a photo prior to laying the lawn and a photo post.
I also managed to make further progress on the area between the house and the lawn being laid. This area is going to have stepping pavers and river pebbles to cover the area.
All the timber posts I put in the ground yesterday had set and I was able to put in the horizontal timber. Still need to do one more on the side fence. Once this is done I will be able to start working the area that it creates. Watering system is partially in at the front and so the plan will be to put soil down this week and get front lawn down on weekend.
We will do the side lawn in coming weeks, as we still need to dig more watering system lines in.
Trampoline was completed today also.
Soon the title on these posts will need to change to Landscape Progress, as I am starting to move to the front of the house (and backyard is nearing completion).
Here is a number of photos on the progress today. Kids wanted the trampoline to be built so I started it today also.
As you can see I was able to get all my timber posts in the ground ready for some work on the front. It will make sense as the pictures get posted on why this was done.
And the work on the backyard continues. The trailer is 0.4 Tonne of 20mm river pebbles which I used for the ground covering. This was moved all by me using a wheel barrow. As you can see I still need more, but now we can finish off the brickwork and complete the garden that is behind the wall.
Has come up rather nice. I also need to shorten the sewer inspection pipe to be ground level.
Today marked the first day in which we had to mow the lawn in the backyard. It had gotten long enough in many parts so we had to mow it.
My mower and other tools hadn’t been started in over 3 months. So they took a little while to start, but they did in the end.
The work in the backyard still continues. As you can see from the photos below the brickwork being created around this area is nearing completion. Unfortunately to progress it further I had to complete some drainage works. That has now been done to enable us to continue the wall around.
Once the wall is finished the surface area will need to be removed a little around the drainage area to enable us to have enough depth left over to put the final top level dressing on this area. It will be some compacted roadbase and stones (as seen in other areas of the backyard). Will build some steps and that will subsequently complete the area.
Today marked the installation of the last post and section of our Timber Retaining Wall.
It’s not exactly retaining a great deal, it’s just to give us a better presentation on the side of the house and enabled us to plant a hedging plant. Will see how it grows over time.
This is now considered completed. Unfortunately I have moved on to even further pending jobs in backyard.
Will post a completed photo very soon.
Today was the delivery day for the Swim Spa. Was feeling a bit nervous and you’ll understand why when you see the pictures we took of the process.
Everything didn’t go smoothly unfortunately, however, things did work out fine in the end with the process, so I won’t go into detail as it’s of no value.
Let’s roll the photos…..
Now the next step will be completing the installation process and getting water put in. That’s going to be interesting as this unit takes 7,000 litres I believe.