Finally got around to pre-ordering a copy of Battlefield 3. Purchased from ozgameshop. Which means it will take a few days to arrive post launch, but I’d sooner have a copy of the media, rather than download it.
Looking forward to playing this game. Still enjoying the Battlefield Bad Company 2, although I think I need a better mouse with more buttons. As I miss out on some knife kills time to time in game.
I use to love playing Battlefield 2, however this game is a bit long in the tooth. And I built my new system to play Battlefield 3, when it comes out.
So to hold me over for a few months, I decided to purchase Battlefield Bad Company 2, as I heard from friends it is good (who play it). So I ordered it from ozgameshop (as recommended to me from another friend recently). It was $20.99 shipped to Australia. Good price.
Will post back my experiences with ozgameshop, however I am not expecting anything but a good experience, much like I have got with Play-Asia in the past, whom I also use from time to time.
Found the following article here in my travels. It’s information on 2 large companies who have recently rolled out Windows 7 and they share what they obtained by doing it.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!
It has several ‘Modes’, each one for performing a different task:
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
A new Stinger has been developed to specifically target “FakeAlert” threats being seen in the wild. This version of Stinger Detects and removes the following “FakeAlert” Variants – Kryptik, AVP Security, Fakespypro, Winwebsec, Antivirus Soft and XPSpy.
The AVG Rescue CD is a powerful must-have toolkit for the rescue and repair of infected machines. It provides essential utilities for system administrators and other IT professionals and includes the following features:
- Comprehensive administration toolkit
- System recovery from virus and spyware infections
- Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
- Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick
- Free support and service for paid license holders of any AVG product
- FAQ and Free Forum self-help support for AVG Free users
Infrarecorder is a high quality CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows.
It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
InfraRecorder is released under GPL version 3, and its Project page explains more about it.
It automatically converts your music files to the proper format for Audio CDs that can be played on any standard CD player. You can also copy discs, erase rewritable discs using four different methods, work with multi-session discs and more.
Here are a few of the things you can do with InfraRecorder:
- Create data, audio, video, and mixed-mode discs
- Record dual-layer DVDs
- Four methods for erasing discs
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE)
- Scan SCSI/IDE bus for devices and capabilities
- Create disc copies using temporary disc image
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions