Repairs complete on Monster Beatle

I sat down last night with the parts and managed to change out all the parts that required.

The rear diff would have to be the most difficult part of the job, as I couldn’t remove some screws that holds the motor plate from below the car. I suspect if these need to be removed sometime, I will need to drill them and replace them.

I also noticed previously some of the c-clips that hold the pin for the front and rear carriers had dropped off. I ordered the only c-clips you could get and these are too big. I noticed during work last night that a larger c-clip sits on the drive shaft just behind the slipper clutch. So the ones I got would be for that.

Can’t see any spare for smaller c-clips that I require, so will need to do some more research.

Truck can run, we will just need to monitor that the pins don’t drop out.

This repair took me 3 hours, and I also noticed that the rear shock tower broke on lower section when we screwed bottom right screw back in, so this will need repair soon enough.

Now my son has his truck to use again.

Tagged: