Finally got a bit of time in the afternoon today to do more work on the drainage in the backyard. When we got all that rain the other month it highlighted the fact we now needed to do a bit more to allow the excess water to escape, so I started planning to fix the issue or at least make it bearable.
Managed to cut into the main storm water overflow line to the street and put in a junction and tee (used a collar to take up the difference, so that I could insert the new items from the pipe section that was removed), so I could put a surface drain above the tee. I am going to use this surface drain to sit just below existing surface line and insert the rain water tanks hose that drips during the first part of rain into the drain.
You can see the pictures below;
The fabric over the drain is only for the moment, so I don’t spill soil and other material back in it as I back fill it. I am also going to add another surface drain where it meets the pergola too. So I will break the arg line and insert a tee etc.