It would appear that my Realtek RTL2838 DVB-T tuner has failed. I can no longer get it to record any more using TvHeadEnd. I noticed I hadn’t got any recordings the past few days and I’ve just checked all the connections. At this stage I think it’s safe to conclude that it’s gone.
It certainly didn’t last very long. I might end up getting another one, however not in a big rush. I need to do some other work with the hardware, so I might move onto that project in the meantime.
I note that dmesg output is showing the following, which based on some of the word is related to the hardware failure of the device.
A demo I put together that shows how to perform a Commserve DR Backup in Simpana 10. It talks about the process of how to do it manually and where you can find the files associated with the process. Sometimes this might need to be performed manually and collected manually so that you can upload it via some manual process due to lack of connectivity in an environment to the outside world. i.e. internet.
It’s a follow on from a previous post that talks about the same process in Simpana 9. Which you can find here.
Hope you enjoy the demo. If this post helps you, please leave a comment.
Today starts a new chapter in the Fox family – we have purchased land at Gregory Hills.
The process started on Monday 7 April when I called Michael after having received an email from the land sales office saying that priority numbers had been issues. By the time Michael got out there an hour later he was number 40 odd and we had no idea whether we would get our block.
I went out there on the morning and sat there for a couple of hours before Michael turned up. We watched one by one as people where called in and the blocks got crossed out. Eventually it was our turn and whilst it wasn’t the block of our choice – we walked out with a block we are happy with.
Let the short term pain for long term gain begin!!
This week I setup an old Dell Optiplex 755 tower with Ubuntu 12.04.4, TvHeadEnd and Realtek RTL2832U USB tuner to perform some DVB-T recordings. The installation I performed of TvHeadEnd is the exact same one I documented some months back when I used the same USB tuner on a Raspberry Pi. You can read about it here.
The installation was flawless and simple as you’d expect. The system has been running a few days now and capturing what I want. It also allows me to point VLC client on other machines at the system to network stream any of the DVB-T channels the tuner can tune against (also shown in the previous post linked above).
Thinking of buying another tuner to be honest, so I can record from 2 different channels that don’t share the same stream/multiplex id.
Dug out my LiPo 3S batteries on the weekend with the intent of charging them up for some use in the Traxxas E-Revo brushless. Unfortunately it appeared they had gone bad. As I revived one of them I found one of the cells had gone and the other I never bothered tinkering with.
I’ve since wrote them off as failed and purchased a new set. Now waiting for the new ones to arrive so I can have battery connectors soldered onto them.
Noticed that the Simpana 10 Advanced client properties – firewall – outgoing routes user interface changed a little between SP5a and SP6. It may have happened on SP5b, but I couldn’t test at the time, but saw the difference certainly between our jump from SP5a to SP6.
Check out the pictures below to see what I mean. Looks like they relabelled some items.