Purchased a humble Linksys/Cisco IP phone SPA922 and installed it earlier in the week. However wasn’t able to use it until the power brick I ordered arrived. It came later in the week.
Been a long time since I installed asterisk, but I have fond memories that it was very awesome once you got it working. I struggled a little, but somethings were easy and others not so. Thanks to a friend who helped I managed to configure everything I needed and even got it to talk to my provider MyNetFone which I purchased a DID from to use from Sydney 02 region.
After tinkering Friday evening I got the inbound working and outbound working. My next step was to get IVR working on the inbound calls. I got this done on Saturday morning and evening.
Very happy with the setup so far, have subsequently copied over my configuration and voice files onto a Raspberry Pi where I have setup raspbian and installed asterisk. I choose to run it like this as I found the pabx based distro with the nice web interface confusing. What I have got works, and works well so far more me. Will continue to work/tweak it.
So far so good and very impressed.