Needed to install the Simpana 10 MediaAgent onto a Linux client in my test environment and I thought it might be a good idea to record and share.
The install is an interactive one using the media (DVD3).
As you can see in the video my freshly installed client still had it’s hostname associated with the localhost entry in the hosts file. The installer detects this and recommends you fix it. So I did.
In addition, I also fixed up the services file entries for 8400 and 8402. Installer will see these and not allow you to pick those ports during the install, so since I know this condition was going to happen next I edit these files too. That condition is going to be resolved in a future service pack, so you won’t need to do that.