I recently bought an Intel Ivy i3 3225 processor, along with a few other items. Will expand on the other items towards the end of the post.
The reason for the purchase is I wished to build another machine for some lighter duties, as I had been using my nearly 2 year old Intel Sandy i5 2400 for such work, however since it’s primary role is for gaming, it tends to generate a bit of heat. It does after all have a GTX670 video card in it.
I did want to get one of the new low power processors, but the i3 3225 came up for a good price. Glad I purchased it as the machine when built is operating nicely, the processor with the on-board Intel HD 4000 video does everything I need.
- Asus P8H77-I Mini-ITX mainboard
- Corsair CMPSU-430CXv3 (430W power supply)
- Liteon IHAS124 DVD burner (cause optical drives are still handy to have)
- BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX case (in Fire Red)
- Microsoft Windows 7 64bit Home Premium