I sat the MCTS: Vista Configuration 70-620 exam yesterday and passed on the first attempt.
So the book previously purchased assisted in obtaining the certification. I’ve now started on the 2nd book I had purchased, which was MCTS: Windows 7 Configuration 70-680, and I am thinking of doing this exam at the end of next month (May).
If anyone want’s to purchase Microsoft Press 70-620 book, contact me. I’d be happy to sell the book in question.
FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!
It has several ‘Modes’, each one for performing a different task:
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
A new Stinger has been developed to specifically target “FakeAlert” threats being seen in the wild. This version of Stinger Detects and removes the following “FakeAlert” Variants – Kryptik, AVP Security, Fakespypro, Winwebsec, Antivirus Soft and XPSpy.
The AVG Rescue CD is a powerful must-have toolkit for the rescue and repair of infected machines. It provides essential utilities for system administrators and other IT professionals and includes the following features:
- Comprehensive administration toolkit
- System recovery from virus and spyware infections
- Suitable for recovering MS Windows and Linux operating systems (FAT32 and NTFS file systems)
- Ability to perform a clean boot from CD or USB stick
- Free support and service for paid license holders of any AVG product
- FAQ and Free Forum self-help support for AVG Free users
Infrarecorder is a high quality CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows.
It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
InfraRecorder is released under GPL version 3, and its Project page explains more about it.
It automatically converts your music files to the proper format for Audio CDs that can be played on any standard CD player. You can also copy discs, erase rewritable discs using four different methods, work with multi-session discs and more.
Here are a few of the things you can do with InfraRecorder:
- Create data, audio, video, and mixed-mode discs
- Record dual-layer DVDs
- Four methods for erasing discs
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE)
- Scan SCSI/IDE bus for devices and capabilities
- Create disc copies using temporary disc image
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions
After several weeks of reading, I have just about completed the book. Although I have already started doing prac tests and revision. In fact I’ve also already booked the exam. As I am confident enough to pass it. Although I just need to put in a bit more time doing some simulation review.
Like all humans, I too am scared of failure. But if I don’t attempt the exam, I may just put it off and off. So while they have that promotion on currently with a 2nd shot free, I might as well try.
Exam booked for 19th April. So ready or not, it will be an attempt. I am tempted to purchase a 70-622 book and do it next, then go do my 70-680 Windows 7 config as planned. Not sure yet. Will do the exam and then decide next action. Enjoyed reading the book though, and honestly learnt things about Windows Vista I probably never really understood. So win nonetheless I think.