After a bit of thought on the situation, my wife and I finally decided that we would put our house on the market.
We have thought about it for a while, and when we went overseas the plan was to come home and then put it on the market before Xmas.
As of the weekend, we signed with the agent of choice. By tomorrow the paperwork for the contract should be complete. At which time we should arrive home to find a For Sale sign posted on the lawn.
Our house has served us well, but we seriously need to consider future things. Namely plan for children, so with that in mind we hope to build a place in one of the nearby suburbs. We had found a house plan we like, however it appears the blocks of land available are not as we liked. So we might even buy some land just up the road from where we live now, and build with a different builder. As it will be a bit cheaper then we had planned elsewhere. Probably about 20,000 cheaper.
Of course if and when the house sells, it means we will have to go rent for a bit. So I will probably loose broadband. Oh no..